Another Day in Iraq, 2004.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We, having dutifully served our nation, do hereby affirm our
greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace. To this
end we will work, with others
- Toward increasing public awareness of the costs of
- To restrain our government from intervening, overtly and
covertly, in the internal affairs of other nations
- To end the arms race and to reduce and eventually eliminate
- To seek justice for veterans and victims of war
- To abolish war as an instrument of national policy.
To achieve these goals, members of Veterans For Peace pledge to
use non-violent means and to maintain an organization that is both
democratic and open with the understanding that all members are
trusted to act in the best interests of the group for the larger
purpose of world peace.
We urge all people who share this vision to join